To create an addon domain:
- Enter the domain for the new addon domain in the New Domain Name field.
- Note: When you enter the domain name, cPanel automatically populates the Subdomain/FTP Username field. If you are creating multiple addons with similar domain names (differing only in .com, .net, etc.), be sure to manually enter a unique username into the Subdomain/FTP Username field.
- Enter the directory that will contain the addon domain’s files in the Document Root field.
- Enter the password for the addon domain into the Password field.
- Make sure you use a secure password.
- You can have cPanel generate a secure password for you using the Generate Password feature.
- Confirm the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Click Add Domain
- Note: When you create an addon domain in the cPanel interface, cPanel automatically creates a subdomain. If you alter or delete the subdomain after it has been created, you may affect or delete the information displayed in the addon domain's website.
- To add files to the addon domain’s home directory, click the File Manager link.
- Note: To access this addon domain’s home directory in the File Manager, click the link under Document Root.
Note: Web statistics for the addon domain will be found under the subdomain's URL in the statistics application.