How to set up a POP3 email on android?
Posted by Vipin Nehra on 08 April 2016 08:05 PM
Setting Up an POP3 Email Account
1. From the Home screen, tap the Application button.
2. Tap the Email icon.
3. If this is your first email account, you will be presented with an email setup screen. Tap the Next button. Otherwise, press the Menu button, and tap the Add Account button.
4. In the “Type your account email address” box, enter your full email address, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. In the second box, enter your email account password.
6. Tap the “Manual setup” button.
7. Tap the “POP account” button.
8. Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
9. Tap the Next button. The device will connect to the internet and check your incoming settings.
10. On the “Outgoing server settings” screen, enter the following information in the spaces provided:
• SMTP server—Enter the name of the secure email server: secure.emailsrvr.com
12. In the Username box, enter your full email address.
13. In the Password box, enter your email account password.
14. Tap the Next button. The device will connect to the internet and check your outgoing settings.
15. On the “Account options” screen, select your “Email checking frequency.”
16. Tap the “Notify me when email arrives” checkbox to see an alert on the status bar when you have new email.
17. Name your account as desired.
18. Enter your name as you want it displayed in email.